Passion for People and Planet
By 2025, Dow employees worldwide will have applied their talents to positively impact the lives of 1 billion people.
We believe that together, science and humanity can change the world. Through the dedication and passion of Dow employees we will lead the transition to a more sustainable planet – building stronger, more resilient communities at the intersection of sustainability, innovation and citizenship.
DowCorps is the vehicle for Dow people worldwide to directly apply their passion and expertise to advance the well-being of people and the planet. The company and its employees are able to engage in delivering significant and lasting impact to society, helping to create sustainable communities while also supporting and furthering business success at the intersection of sustainability, innovation and citizenship.
Employees are able to align their passions to a purpose through a portfolio of volunteer opportunities, ranging from our STEM Ambassador program and Habitat for Humanity builds to Leadership in Action, Global Health Corporate Champions and nonprofit board service.
- By 2025, Dow employees, partners and communities worldwide will apply their resources to positively impact the lives of 1 billion people.
- Dow will positively impact people’s lives through DowCorps, delivering 750 skill-based projects and achieving 50% global workforce engagement and 1MM volunteer hours.
- The Business Impact Fund will invest $10MM targeting business opportunities that lead to innovative, sustainable solutions to social problems.
- Dow will uncover customer and business collaborations and develop external partnerships that deliver shared value and generate $25MM NPV.
- Dow will positively impact students & teachers through programs in support of STEM education, achieving 10% of workforce participation with 100,000 teachers and 500,000 students impacted
- 100% of sites with more than 50 employees will participate in community engagement activities through DowCorps, contributing to safe, healthy and economically viable communities. >
- Engaging for Impact activities will support Dow’s overall strategy to achieve top quartile scores for Employee Engagement, and 100% of core leadership development programs will include sustainability impact exposure and opportunity to help build a culture of volunteering.
- Aligning Passion to Purpose: In 2017, 15,000 Dow employees contributed their time and talents in 2,300 volunteer projects around the world to address community needs.
- Building the Workforce of Tomorrow: Dow STEM Ambassadorsshare their passion and expertise with students, teachers and their local communities through career talks, hands-on activities, professional development and much more.
- Developing Leaders Through Service Learning:
- Leadership in Action
- Global Health Corporate Champions
- Dow Leadership Institute
- Advancing a Circular Economy: In 2017, six projects supported with $1 million in seed funding from Dow’s Business Impact Fund aligned to access to clean drinking water, food packaging to prevent food waster, and post-consumer waste management were begun in Colombia, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia and the United States.
- Hefty® Energy Bag™ grant program
- Montgomery Food Bank’s Produce Rescue Center