Sent on 1/15/2019
Dear Valued Supplier:
As previously communicated, we successfully completed a merger of equals between The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) and E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont). The merger resulted in Dow and DuPont becoming subsidiaries of DowDuPont, Inc. DowDuPont is now pursuing the intended separation of the Company’s Agriculture, Materials Science and Specialty Products divisions into three independent, publicly traded companies.
In preparation for this separation, Dow is internally restructuring some of its businesses to align to the Specialty Products Division. These changes will occur in February 2019 for legal entities residing in Latin America, Asia Pacific, and several plants in the U.S. These changes have already occurred for legal entities residing in the North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and India. The purpose of this letter to inform you of actions to complete for the upcoming changes related to this restructuring.
What action is required of you as a Supplier?
You will need to make changes to your systems and records to be prepared for impacts that will occur at Go-Live on Monday, February 4, 2019. For your convenience, a legal entity cross reference file has been made available on the supplier portal, www.dow.com/dwdp-changes. When you visit this website, you will be given the opportunity to “opt in”, which will allow you to receive email updates whenever information is added. It is highly suggested you take advantage of this feature so you do not miss any important updates.
- Shipping/Receiving Holiday: Thursday, January 31 at 10:00AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) through Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 10:00PM EST.
Preparations are underway to ensure minimal impact to you as a supplier. To ensure a smooth transition, a non-shipment period will be initiated for this window of time at all impacted locations.
- Shipment receipts will not be possible during the Shipping/Receiving Holiday, starting January 31, 2019.
- Shipping and receiving will resume on February 4, 2019.
- Open Purchase Orders:
- Purchase orders where goods and/or services will be delivered after January 31, 2019, will be cancelled and a replacement purchase order will be recreated in the new ERP system. A purchase order cross reference file will be available on the website https://corporate.dow.com/en-us/about/work-with-dow/dwdp-changes/supplier the week of February 4, 2019.
- For purchase orders where goods and/or services will be delivered before January 31, 2019, the original purchase order number will remain valid.
- Open Payables:
- Invoices for purchase order line items delivered prior to January 31, 2019, need to be issued against the original purchase order and issued to the existing legal entity.
- Invoices for purchase order line items delivered after January 31, 2019, and listed on the purchase order cross reference file, need to be issued against the recreated purchase order and issued to the new legal entity.
What is expected from you?
- Update our customer profile to reflect the correct legal entity and tax information.
- Obtain new purchase order number from our website if there are outstanding purchase orders for your company.
For further questions and answers, feel free to visit the website https://corporate.dow.com/enus/about/work-with-dow/dwdp-changes/supplier or call your current Dow Sourcing representative.
We appreciate your effort to work with us to ensure orders and payments are not missed or
delayed. Please share the information about this upcoming change appropriately within your
The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”)