April 16, 2019
Dear Valued Supplier,
On August 31, 2017, DowDuPont announced the successful completion of the merger of equals between The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) and E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company (“DuPont”), creating a holding company with three divisions: Agriculture (future Corteva Agriscience™), Materials Science (future Dow) and Specialty Products (future DuPont). DowDuPont intends to separate these divisions into three independent, publicly traded companies. In support of the intended division separations, both Dow and DuPont are working to stand up legal entities and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platforms to align to the future company.
The former DuPont Ethylene Copolymer (ECP) and Ethylene Cracker (Ethylene) businesses integration into Dow’s ERP Platform is planned for May 5, 2019 at 6:00PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). As part of the integration activities, Dow will take over Purchasing and Pay responsibilities from Dupont. The purpose of this letter is to inform you of actions to complete for the upcoming changes related to this integration.
What actions are required for you as a Supplier?
You will need to verify that your systems and records are prepared for changes that will occur at Go-Live on Sunday, May 5, 2019 EDT.
There will be a short shipping / receiving holiday for suppliers shipping to ECP and Ethylene sites only. During this period, shipment receipts will NOT be possible. Preparations are underway to ensure minimal impact to you as a supplier. To ensure a smooth transition, a non-shipment period will be initiated for time listed below at all impacted locations.
- April 30, 2019 at 6:00PM EDT through Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 6:00PM EDT.
- Shipping and receiving will resume on May 05, 2019 at 6:00PM EDT.
***ECP locations include: Sabine (Texas, United States), St. Clair River (Ontario, Canada), Victoria (Texas, United States), Wilmington (Delaware, United States), Dordrecht (Netherlands) and select warehouse locations
Purchase Order Changes
- Expect to see changes to future POs from the Dow legal entity including: format, legal entity, mailing addresses, invoice remit-to information, and points of contact.
Open Purchase Orders:
- Purchase orders where goods and/or services will be delivered after April 30, 2019 EDT, will be cancelled in DuPont’s system and a replacement purchase order will be recreated in Dow’s ERP system (PO output will not be regenerated.) A purchase order cross reference file will be available on the website under the PO cross reference file tab the week of May 6, 2019 EDT. (https://corporate.dow.com/en-us/about/work-with-dow/dwdp-changes/supplier/future-dow)
- For purchase orders where goods and/or services are delivered and have been invoiced before April 30, 2019 EDT, the original purchase order number will remain valid.
- Goods and services should continue to be delivered to the addresses indicated on the Purchase Order.
Prior to May 5, 2019 EDT
- Continue to reference the original purchase order and issue to the existing legal entity. Continue to submit the invoice via existing channels to DuPont.
Starting after May 5, 2019 EDT**
- Invoices for purchase orders listed on the purchase order cross reference, need to be issued against the recreated purchase order and issued to the correct legal entity referenced in the Legal Entity List on the supplier website.
- Invoices for purchase orders not listed on the purchase order cross reference file, need to be issued against the original purchase order and issued to the correct legal entity referenced in the Legal Entity List on the supplier website.
- Begin submitting all invoices to the Dow location referenced in the “Where do I send my invoice?” document on the supplier website.
*Invoices for the Legal department are excluded. Follow the existing process for Legal invoices until you receive new instructions directly from Legal.
**If you supply goods or services to Canada, please ensure proper use of Legal Entity address as select entities will change May 6, 2019.
Where can you find more information?
For your convenience, a legal entity list has been made available on the supplier website, https://corporate.dow.com/en-us/about/work-with-dow/dwdp-changes/supplier/future-dow. When you visit this website, you will be given the opportunity to “opt in”, which will allow you to receive email updates whenever information is added. It is highly suggested you take advantage of this feature, so you do not miss any important updates.
We greatly appreciate your support and thank you for the opportunity to continue working with you and your organization. If you have any questions about these changes or its impact to you, please reach out to your primary contact listed on the supplier website (https://corporate.dow.com/en-us/about/work-with-dow/dwdp-changes/supplier/future-dow/contact).