University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota has supplied Dow with more new PhDs than any other university in the past five years, and has engaged with Dow in more than 30 sponsored projects over the past decade.
- New Approaches to Control the Properties of Solutions
- More Efficient Process Separations
- Development of New Catalysts
- Fundamentals of Solute-Solvent Interactions
- Functionalized Materials
Dr. John Klier, Global Research & Development Director, Polyurethanes, Systems & Automotive Solutions, The Dow Chemical Company
Did You Know?
The Sustainability Innovation Student Challenge Award is a program run by Dow and Minnesota’s Institute on the Environment to promote sustainable solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
News and Highlights
Over the past 40 years, Dow and the University of Minnesota have collaborated for many decades to publish in leading scientific journals. Recent publications include:
- Morgan, NT; Zhang, Y; Molitor, EJ; Bell, BM; Holmes, RJ; Cussler, EL. 2014. Understanding rate-limiting processes for the sublimation of small molecule organic semiconductors. AICHE JOURNAL 60, 4, 1347-1354.
- Xu, Y; Thurber, CM; Macosko, CW; Lodge, TP; Hillmyer, MA. 2014. Poly (methyl methacrylate)-block-polyethylene-block-poly (methyl methacrylate) triblock copolymers as compatibilizers for polyethylene/poly (methyl methacrylate) blends. INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH 53, 12, 4718-4725.
- Ilias, S; Bhan, A. 2014. The mechanism of aromatic dealkylation in methanol-to-hydrocarbons conversion on H-ZSM-5: What are the aromatic precursors to light olefins? JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS 311, 6-16.
- Kennemur, JG; Yao, L; Bates, FS; Hillmyer, MA. 2014. Sub-5 nm domains in ordered poly(cyclohexylethylene)-block-poly(methyl methacrylate) block polymers for lithography. MACROMOLECULES 47, 4, 1411-1418; 2014.
- Ulrich, B; Frank, TC; McCormick, A; Cussler, EL. 2014. Membrane-assisted VOC removal from aqueous acrylic latex. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE 452, 426-432.
- Dalsin, MC; Tale, S; Reineke, TM. 2014. Solution-state polymer assemblies influence BCS class II drug dissolution and supersaturation maintenance. BIOMACROMOLECULES 15, 2, 500-511.
- Rangarajan, S; Brydon, RRO; Bhan, A; Daoutidis, P. 2014. Automated identification of energetically feasible mechanisms of complex reaction networks in heterogeneous catalysis: application to glycerol conversion on transition metals. GREEN CHEMISTRY 16, 2, 813-823.
- Rangarajan, S; Bhan, A; Daoutidis, P. 2014. Identification and analysis of synthesis routes in complex catalytic reaction networks for biomass upgrading. APPLIED CATALYSIS B-ENVIRONMENTAL 145, 149-160.
- Martinez, H; Hillmyer, MA. 2014. Carboxy-telechelic polyolefins in cross-linked elastomers. MACROMOLECULES 47, 2, 479-485.
- Delgado, PA; Hillmyer, MA. 2014. Combining block copolymers and hydrogen bonding for poly (lactide) toughening. RSC ADVANCES 4, 26, 13266-13273.
- Yin, LG; Hillmyer, MA. 2014. Preparation and performance of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose esters of substituted succinates for in vitro supersaturation of a crystalline hydrophobic drug. MOLECULAR PHARMACEUTICS 11, 1, 175-185.
- Schulze, MW; McIntosh, LD; Hillmyer, MA; Lodge, TP. 2014. High-modulus, high-conductivity nanostructured polymer electrolyte membranes via polymerization-induced phase separation. NANO LETTERS 14, 1, 122-126.
- Seo, M; Hillmyer, MA. 2014. RAFT copolymerization of acid chloride-containing monomers. 2014. POLYMER CHEMISTRY 5, 1, 213-219.