UC Santa Barbara
The University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) is one of only 61 institutions elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
- New Polymeric Materials
- New Processes for New Polymers
- Rheology of Two-Phase Solutions
- Novel Materials for Electronics
Catherine Markham, Global R&D Director, Electronic Materials, The Dow Chemical Company
Did You Know?
UC Santa Barbara is working with Dow on a pilot program to increase laboratory safety awareness and practices in the College of Engineering and the campus's Departments of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Materials.
News and Highlights
Dow and UC Santa Barbara have collaborated over the years to publish in leading scientific journals. Recent publications include:
- Kim, SH; Dandekar, P; Lovette, MA; Doherty, MF. 2014. Kink rate model for the general case of organic molecular crystals. CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN 14, 5, 2460-2467.
- Zell, ZA; Nowbahar, A; Mansard, V; Leal, LG; Deshmukh, SS; Mecca, JM; Tucker, CJ; Squires, TM. 2014. Surface shear inviscidity of soluble surfactants. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 111, 10, 3677-3682.
- Fors, BP; Poelma, JE; Menyo, MS; Robb, MJ; Spokoyny, DM; Kramer, JW; Waite, JH; Hawker, CJ. 2013. Fabrication of unique chemical patterns and concentration gradients with visible light. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 135, 38, 14106-14109.
- Lahourcade, L; Coronel, NC; Delaney, KT; Shukla, SK; Spaldin, NA; Atwater, HA. 2013. Structural and optoelectronic characterization of RF sputtered ZnSnN2. ADVANCED MATERIALS 25, 18, 2562-2566.
- Poelma, JE; Fors, BP; Meyers, GF; Kramer, JW; Hawker, CJ. 2013. Fabrication of complex three-dimensional polymer brush nanostructures through light-mediated living radical polymerization. ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION 52, 27, 6844-6848.