A highly respected faculty that currently includes seven Nobel Laureates and 32 MacArthur Fellows is at the heart of a strong working relationship between UC Berkeley and Dow.
- New Heterogeneous Catalysts
- Site Selective Catalysis
- Organic Light Emitting Diodes
Dr. A.N. Sreeram, Corporate Vice President, Research & Development, The Dow Chemical Company
Did You Know?
In 2008, Dow established the Dow Chair in Sustainable Chemistry as part of its commitment to advance research and education in sustainable, green chemistry. The College of Chemistry at UC Berkeley has an existing seminar program launched through a grant from the Dow Chemical Company Foundation as part of the Sustainable Products and Solutions Program.
News and Highlights
Dow and UC Berkeley have collaborated for many decades to publish in leading scientific journals. Recent publications include:
- Manthiram, K; Surendranath, Y; Alivisatos, AP. 2014. Dendritic assembly of gold nanoparticles during fuel-forming electrocatalysis. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 136, 20, 7237-7240.
- Narang, P; Chen, SY; Coronel, NC; Gul, S; Yano, J; Wang, LW; Lewis, NS; Atwater, HA. 2014. Bandgap tunability in Zn(Sn,Ge)N-2 semiconductor alloys. ADVANCED MATERIALS 26, 8, 1235-1241.
- Ge, SZ; Green, RA; Hartwig, JF. 2014. Controlling first-row catalysts: Amination of aryl and heteroaryl chlorides and bromides with primary aliphatic amines catalyzed by a BINAP-ligated single-component Ni(0) complex colloidal metal. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY136, 4, 1617-1627.
- Na, K; Zhang, Q; Somorjai, GA. 2014. Nanocatalysts: Synthesis, characterization, and catalytic applications. JOURNAL OF CLUSTER SCIENCE 25, 1, 83-114.
- Zhang, Q; Shu, XZ; Lucas, JM; Toste, FD; Somorjai, GA; Aivisatos, AP. 2014. Inorganic micelles as efficient and recyclable mice liar catalysts.NANO LETTERS 14, 1, 379-383.
- Bruenn, Riva A., Univ Calif Berkeley, Dept Plant & Microbial Biol; et al. 2013. The amborella genome and the evolution of flowering plants.SCIENCE 342, 6165, 1467.
- Denard, CA; Hartwig, JF; Zhao, HM. 2013. Multistep one-pot reactions combining biocatalysts and chemical catalysts for asymmetric synthesis. ACS CATALYSIS 3, 12, 2856-2864.
- Tung, IC; Balachandran, PV; Liu, J; Gray, BA; Karapetrova, EA; Lee, JH; Chakhalian, J; Bedzyk, MJ; Rondinelli, JM; Freeland, JW. 2013. Connecting bulk symmetry and orbital polarization in strained RNiO3 ultrathin films. PHYSICAL REVIEW B 88, 20.
- Hoarfrost, ML; Takei, K; Ho, V; Heitsch, A; Trefonas, P; Javey, A; Segalman, RA. 2013. Spin-on organic polymer dopants for silicon. JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS 4, 21, 3741-3746.
- Inceoglu, S; Young, NP; Jackson, AJ; Kline, SR; Costeux, S; Balsara, NP. 2013. Effect of supercritical carbon dioxide on the thermodynamics of model blends of styrene-acrylonitrile copolymer and poly(methyl methacrylate) studied by small-angle neutron scattering. MACROMOLECULES 46, 15, 6345-6356.
- Hasanbeigi, A; Lobscheid, A; Lu, HY; Price, L; Dai, Y. 2013. Quantifying the co-benefits of energy-efficiency policies: A case study of the cement industry in Shandong Province, China. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT 458, 624-636.
- Kisielowski, C; Wang, LW; Specht, P; Calderon, HA; Barton, B; Jiang, B; Kang, JH; Cieslinski, R. 2013. Real-time sub-Angstrom imaging of reversible and irreversible conformations in rhodium catalysts and graphene. PHYSICAL REVIEW B 88, 2.
- Ke, J; Price, L; McNeil, M; Khanna, NZ; Zhou, N. 2013. Analysis and practices of energy benchmarking for industry from the perspective of systems engineering. ENERGY 54, 32-44.
- Ke, J; McNeil, M; Price, L; Khanna, NZ; Zhou, N. 2013. Estimation of CO2 emissions from China's cement production: Methodologies and uncertainties. ENERGY POLICY 57, 172-181.