Dow Personal Care expands sustainable portfolio with three new product launches at in-cosmetics Asia 2023
Bangkok, Thailand. – October 25th, 2023 – Dow (NYSE: Dow) will present its latest innovative ingredients at in-cosmetics Asia 2023 in Bangkok, Thailand, from November 7-9 (booth K30). The new product launches, including the debut of the Beauty Rebalanced 2.0 Concepts Collection and Sustainable Hair Care Collection, celebrate one of the largest portfolios in the personal care industry that focuses on sustainable and high-performance solutions.
Additionally, Dow is inviting professionals from beauty OEM, ODM, and Indie Brands to join us at the Inspire Asia Beauty workshop, on November 8, 11:30 a.m. in BITEC 214 meeting room. Dow experts will share industry trends and scientific know-how on driving sustainable beauty through the power of bio-based and biodegradable ingredients and 13 brand new formulations from Dow's Beauty Rebalanced 2.0 and Sustainable Hair Care Collection, exploring waterless beauty, high natural origin formulations and minimalist beauty.
“Dow is celebrating Asia’s diversity and beauty at in-cosmetics Bangkok with three new technologies and new Beauty Rebalanced and Sustainable Hair Care concepts collection. We continue to invest in our bio-based technologies platform to offer high-performing, bio-derived, bio-degradable ingredients that meet green regulatory standards. We want to enable brands to deliver their promise to consumers with formulations that are gentle on the skin, hair, and the environment.” said Isabel Almiro do Vale, Global Strategic Market Director of Dow Personal Care. “With our initiatives, we are strengthening our promise to accelerate the transition towards a low-carbon, circular economy for the beauty industry.”
The latest product launches span across a range of beauty care applications, including skin care, hair care, sun care and color cosmetics. Our new launches and featured formulation concepts include:
- EcoSense™ APP-1000 Surfactant, 100% naturally derived and readily biodegradable surfactant, delivering improved foam quality and foam stability compared to existing surfactants; efficient at removal of silicone (deposit from rinse-off conditioner treatment); demonstrates long-lasting color protection. Shortlisted for in-cosmetics Asia Innovation Zone Best Ingredient Award 2023.
- EcoSense™ APP-5000 Formulation Aid, a bio-based oil-in-water emulsifier that is naturally sourced from sugars and fatty alcohol. It supports consumer demand for natural formulations with 100% natural index per ISO 16128, and 100% renewable carbon content. Suitable for PEG free systems and can emulsify high oil phase content up to 40%. This product will be featured at the show’s Innovation Zone.
- DEXCARE™ CD-1 Polymer, 2023 BIG Innovation Award-winning bio-derived deposition aid to boost the shampoo’s conditioning effectiveness, allowing for increased versatility and improving the natural content of formulations. This product will be showcased at the show’s Spotlight On Zone.
- Beauty Rebalanced 2.0, is a collection of seven beauty formulations enhancing eco-conscious choices from different angles. These innovative concepts are designed with a clear focus on sustainability, exploring waterless beauty, high natural origin formulations and minimalist beauty. This collection covers skin care, hair care, sun care and color cosmetics.
- Sustainable Hair Care Collection, a collection of six inspirational formulations for complete hair care, innovated with bio-based or biodegradable ingredients and formulations engineered to minimize environmental impact.
“Asia Pacific region continues to drive innovations and new demand in the personal care industry, through in-cosmetics Asia and our Inspire Asia Beauty workshop, we look forward to connecting with industry professionals, showcasing our latest developments, and forging partnerships that will shape the future of the personal care market,” said Cedric Toh, Global Segment Leader and Regional Marketing Manager for Dow Personal Care.
Dow experts and scientists will be available at in-cosmetics Asia 2023 to discuss high-performing technologies, bio-based innovative materials and the fresh, inspiring formulations developed to bring industry-leading ideas to life. To learn more about Dow’s innovations, visit the Innovation Zone and Spotlight On Corner at the show and meet with Dow experts at booth K30.
About Dow Personal Care Solutions
Dow Personal Care offers unique, innovative ingredients that empower customers around the world to create products with exceptional performance and exciting benefits that consumers can trust and believe in. Consumers that seek the confidence of a healthy appearance can see and feel the difference in our products through their lustrous hair or radiant and protected skin. We leverage our understanding of customer needs, deep market knowledge and technical expertise—combined with one of the broadest portfolios of technologies—to deliver personal care solutions with outstanding performance that are safe for people and the planet. We foster these innovations on global and local levels to meet the needs of diverse consumers through business centers, research and development (R&D), manufacturing plants and customer applications centers around the world. Please visit www.dow.com/virtual/beautyexperience/
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information contact:
Ang Yi Qin
+65 8908 4362