Dow to showcase MobilityScience™ solutions at Battery Show Europe 2023
MIDLAND, Michigan – May 22, 2023 –Dow (NYSE: DOW) will showcase its latest advancements in battery technology at The Battery Show Europe in Stuttgart, Germany, May 23-25. From battery pack assembly to fire protection, Dow’s vast MobilityScience™ portfolio of material solutions for automotive applications that support electric vehicles will be on display at Booth 10-B20.
With the growing shift to electrification in the mobility and transportation industry, automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) must develop solutions for greater reliability, safety, and performance. Visitors at The Battery Show Europe can connect with Dow experts to discover how to drive battery innovation and a more sustainable future for the automotive industry.
“With the rise in electrification and a greater push toward a more sustainable mobility, collaborating with our customers and partners in the emerging battery ecosystem is imperative to keep up with the rapidly evolving mobility industry,” said Dr. Esther Quintanilla, global mobility market leader for Dow Polyurethanes. “At Dow, we understand the importance of meeting our OEMs where they are. Our customizable materials allow us to prove this commitment true and keep our minds sharp as we continue to collaborate to innovate with OEMs.”
Game-changing technology for battery innovation
At the show, Dow will demonstrate one of its commitments to collaboration with the exhibition of the Jaguar TCS Racing electric car, as part of its partnership with Jaguar TCS Racing on the Formula E circuit. Dow will also showcase a mockup of battery assembly solutions, including:
- DOWSIL™ Silicone foams for battery fire protection that enable long-term module/pack operational stability and mitigate heat propagation in the case of a thermal runaway. Dow offers solutions for prismatic, pouch and cylindrical cell types as well as different module and pack configurations
- DOWSIL™ Thermal Conductive Materials including DOWSIL™ TC-5533 Gap Filler and DOWSIL™ TC-5515 LT Low Density Thermal Conductive Gap Filler designed to dissipate the heat from electronics to heat sink and provide a reliable cooling solution for engine or transmission control units, on board chargers, or in battery packs or modules
- VORATRON™ Adhesives which are high strength, thermally conductive, and can be optimized for sustainability through formulation know-how that minimizes material loss during battery assembly, with the possibility of content circularity
- VORATRON™ Pottants designed to hold firm for individual cylindrical cells, but yet flexible cured foam which offer high productivity, vibration absorption, thermal insulation, and structure to the battery and cells
- VORATRON™ Gap Fillers that provide easy, lightweight dispensing and processing for high-speed battery pack assembly
- BYNEL™ Adhesive Resins as tie layers and high-temperature polyethylene technology DOWLEX™ PE-RT for BEV multilayer thermoplastic coolant hoses, enabling the evolution of battery thermal management systems with excellent reliability, chemical resistance, lower weight, and an optimized cost-performance balance.
- ELECPURE™ Thermo-Responsive Polymer Emulsion which shuts down Lithium-ion battery separators and reduces thermal runaway risk at high temperatures
“The battery is an essential part of the cars of tomorrow,” said Luc Dusart, global marketing manager for E-mobility at Dow. “Our rich portfolio of technologies results from close collaboration with our customers and partners. Come by Dow’s booth at The Battery Show Europe to learn more about our MobilityScience™ capabilities and dedication to innovation.”
Hear from Dow industry leaders
Join Dow experts on May 24 at 2 p.m. in the Dow booth for a special 15-minute product showcase and tour of the stand.
On May 25, Dow experts will present technical and industry insights during the following presentations:
- 9:20 – 10:20 a.m.: Keynote Panel Discussion on Scaling Up Europe’s Production Capabilities
- Dr. Esther Quintanilla, global mobility market leader, Dow Polyurethanes
- 10:55 – 11:15 a.m.: Thermally conductive gap filler for the Electric Vehicle (EV) battery assembly
- Dr. Praveen Agarwal, research scientist, Dow Polyurethanes
To register for these sessions, learn more about Dow at The Battery Show Europe, and to schedule a meeting, please visit our show landing page. For more information about innovative, cutting-edge solutions that keep the world moving, visit www.DowMobilityScience.com.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information, please contact:
+1 989 636 8480
+1 408 621 7755