From the lab to the spotlight: Dow shines a light on sustainable personal care solutions you can discover via a virtual booth experience
MIDLAND, Mich. – March 31, 2020 – Launching today, Dow brings an immersive 3D booth experience to offer an exclusive look at the first of many new high-performing, sustainable personal care solutions. While practicing social distancing during COVID-19, customers can connect with Dow from the comfort of their office, home or wherever they are to learn about Dow’s latest solutions in hair, sun and skin care.
“We are leveraging our digital expertise to stay close to our customers and empower them to experience our innovative products in a very dynamic way, regardless of channel or place,” said Eric Peeters, Global Business Director and General Manager, Dow Home & Personal Care. “Visitors can digitally dive into the science driving our unique technologies which enable products consumers love and that are safe for people and the planet.”
The virtual booth will shine a light on how Dow applies its material science and formulation expertise to develop cutting-edge products that reaffirm the company’s commitment to harness innovation to make beauty more sustainable. Featured solutions include:
Featured ingredients include:
- SunSpheres™ Bio SPF Booster: This bio-based and readily bio-degradable SPF booster enables greater SPF efficiency in sun care and daily skin care. Derived from FSC-certified wood pulp, it works with both organic and inorganic UV filters. It delivers myriad benefits by reducing dependence on UV actives, enabling aesthetically pleasing formulations and minimizing the irritation that actives can cause, all while supporting market demand for natural formulations. Consumers can rely on effective skin protection against UV damage while being able to benefit from outdoor activities.
- DOWSIL™ Gum Blends: Powered by a variety of carrier fluids selected to create a new sensorial experience, these four new silicone gum blends deliver outstanding performance that customers will love, while empowering brands to create exciting marketing stories. Using DOWSIL™ PMX-1504 Fluid, PMX-1505 Fluid, PMX-1507 and PMX-1508, customers can formulate leave-in hair products globally, including in Europe, and the INCI name is also listed on the China Catalog of Cosmetic Ingredients
At Dow’s Hair Academy, a series of inspiring video tutorials, customers will learn how to formulate leave-in hair oils using DOWSIL™ Gum Blends that give consumers an application experience they’ll love and create flexible options for their brand story.
Dow will also debut TrendsLab 2020, a series of exciting concept collections that will help formulators get ahead of the consumer curve in product development. With “Holistic Beauty” as its theme, the unique kit will bring digital to an even higher level through an augmented reality App experience that showcases concept formulations aligned to three key pillars in personal care:
- Out & About: Busy lifestyles demand multifunctional efficiency and protection, which is why the formulations in this collection offer convenient sun protection and cleansing on the go.
- Wholeness: The evolution of wellness. With this collection, Dow helps consumers of all demographics embrace their natural beauty to look and feel better.
- Beauty Aces: Formulations that bring to customers the expertise and know-how to develop salon-quality products to help consumers achieve professional level results.
In the virtual booth customers will find information about Dow Home & Personal Care’s commitment to sustainability. In addition, they can connect with leading Dow scientists to engage in dialogues focused on how to start a courageous conversation to help customers reignite consumer trust in their personal care products. Dow’s regulatory experts will also be ready to help customers comply with changing regulations.
To learn more about Dow’s innovations, visit www.dow.com and follow @DowHomePersonal.
About Dow Home and Personal Care Solutions
Dow Home and Personal Care offers unique, innovative ingredients that customers around the world to create products with exceptional performance and exciting benefits that consumers can trust and believe in. Whether they seek the confidence of a healthy appearance or the comforts of a clean home, consumers can see and feel the difference in our products through their lustrous hair, radiant skin, shiny surfaces, and fabrics that look and smell fresh. We leverage our understanding of customer needs, deep market knowledge and technical expertise—combined with one of the broadest portfolios of technologies—to deliver home and personal care solutions with outstanding performance that are safe for people and the planet. We foster these innovations on global and local levels to meet the needs of diverse consumers through business centers, research and development (R&D), manufacturing plants and customer applications centers around the world. Please visit www.dow.com for more information.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines one of the broadest technology sets in the industry with asset integration, focused innovation and global scale to achieve profitable growth and become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of performance materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for our customers in high-growth segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 113 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,000 people. Dow delivered pro forma sales of approximately $50 billion in 2018. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information, please contact: