Dow to spotlight silicone solutions for transportation and consumer applications at Silicone Expo 2022
Solutions include world’s first silicone self-sealing tire solution, novel silicone synthetic leather and durable water-repellent textile finishes.
MIDLAND, Mich. – June 21, 2022 – Dow (NYSE: DOW) will showcase its latest innovative silicone solutions at Silicone Expo USA, June 21-23, at Detroit’s Huntington Place. Dow is a platinum sponsor of the event and the exclusive sponsor of the sustainability track. As part of the company’s participation in the event, Dow representatives will be available in the Dow Dialogue area (location 601 on the show floor) to welcome visitors and answer questions about the products featured at the show, as well as Dow’s entire portfolio of silicone solutions.
Visitors to the Dow Dialogue area will:
- See the world’s first silicone self-sealing tire solution that provides passengers with safety, durability, comfort, and sustainability benefits.
- Experience our novel LUXSENSE™ Silicone Synthetic Leather, which combines luxury, comfort, and wellness.
- Learn more about how Dow’s new generation of durable water-repellent (DWR) technology for textile finishes are reducing environmental impact while contributing to fabric style, ease of care and durability.
- Find additional product samples that help improve the sustainability of coatings, auto care and polyurethane additives
Eric Peeters, vice president of Sustainability, Performance Materials & Coatings, will be delivering the keynote address, “Silicones at the heart of a more sustainable future,” on Wednesday, June 22 at 10 a.m.
Two Dow scientists will also be sharing their insights and expertise as part of the Expo’s technical program:
- Dr. Tim Morley, senior TS&D scientist, Mobility & Transportation Elastomers – New Silicone Solutions for Electric Vehicles (Tuesday, June 21 | 2:30-3:15 p.m.)
- Jenafer Duley, senior TS&D specialist, Paint & Automotive – Novel Waterborne and Solventless Room Temperature Curable Silicone Resins for High Temperature Resistant Coatings (Thursday, June 23 | 11 a.m.-12 p.m.)
In addition, our Chief Health and Environmental Scientist Kathy Plotzke will be participating in “The Sustainability Roundtable with Eric Sharp” with other industry colleagues (Wednesday, June 22 | 3:30 p.m-4:15 p.m.)
“Silicones are a vital component to tackle some of the world’s most complex challenges. They are a catalyst to advance sustainability, drive innovation and improve operations,” said Eric Peeters. “As an industry leader in silicon-based technology for more than seven decades, we’re in a unique position to invent game-changing solutions our customers need to meet their sustainability targets.”
Dow’s portfolio of silicones and silicon-based technologies is available worldwide. To learn more, visit dow.com or follow @dowperformancesilicones on LinkedIn.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information, please contact:
+1 989 965 5001
+1 989 496 1099