Dow Personal Care accelerates sustainable portfolio transformation with six new product launches at in-cosmetics Global 2023
Dow scientific and marketing experts will showcase high-performing products for, sustainable, and inclusive formulations to create meaningful brand experiences.
MIDLAND, Mich. – March 28, 2023 – Dow (NYSE: Dow) will present its latest innovative ingredients at in-cosmetics Global 2023 in Barcelona, Spain, from March 28-30 (booth N90). The new product launches, including the debut of the ECOllaboration 2.0 Concepts Collection, celebrate one of the largest portfolios in the personal care industry that focuses sustainable and high performance solutions.
This year, Dow will go beyond the traditional trade show experience. During a live formulation masterclass on March 29 at 12:30 p.m. in Lab 2, customers can collaborate with Dow scientists to learn how to create an innovative cream gel using bio-based ingredients, MaizeCare™ Clarity Polymer and EcoSmooth™ Rice Husk Cosmetic Powder. The formulation will provide skin illumination while keeping your natural skin tone. Its experts will guide visitors through the formulation process, share their expertise, give hands-on tips, and showcase sustainable formulation practices.
“We continue to expand our offering with new highly performing bio-derived and bio-degradable ingredients. In this way, brands can deliver their promise to consumers to delight them with formulations that are gentle on the skin, hair and the environment. With our six new launches, we are further strengthening our promise to accelerate the transition towards a low-carbon, circular economy.” said Isabel Almiro do Vale, Global Strategic Market Director of Dow Personal Care. “As we continue to expand and broaden our portfolio, we rely on our deep scientific expertise, marketeers, and trusted partnership teams to cater to the various demands of customers. We remain devoted to sustainability and inclusion providing ingredients customers can trust, and believe in.”
The latest product launches span across a range of beauty care applications, including skin care, hair care, sun care and color cosmetics. The ECOllaboration 2.0 Concepts Collection emphasizes Dow’s commitment to delivering cutting-edge, bio-based ingredients that feature pioneering formats and inspiring formulations. With a natural origin content of 90% and above, these products are crafted with a distinct emphasis on diversity & inclusion. The collection embraces ageless, gender-neutral products, while focusing on beauty accessibility.
Dow’s new launches and featured products include:
- EcoSense™ APP-5000 Formulation Aid: This emulsifier is bio-based and requires a lower use level than the existing emulsifiers in the market. It supports consumer demand for natural formulations, 100% renewable material and upcycling. It can be used in a variety of skin care, body care, hair care and solid deodorant products. This product will be featured at the show’s Innovation Zone.
- EcoSense™ APP-1000 Surfactant: Nature-derived surfactant that offers effective cleansing properties with excellent foam profile and improved foam stability. Applications include rinse-off hair care, delivering long-lasting color protection, as well as face wash and body wash.
- EcoSense™ GL-60 HL Surfactant and EcoSense™ GL-60 HA Surfactant: These two sophorolipid bio-surfactants create highly desirable mild cleansing products for shampoo, face wash, body wash and leave-on products like body lotion. These products will be featured at the show’s Sustainability Corner.
- DEXCARE ™ CD-1 Polymer: A new, 2023 BIG™ Innovation Award winning bio-derived deposition aid to boost the shampoo’s conditioning effectiveness, allowing for increased versatility and improving the natural content of formulations. This product will be showcased at the show’s Innovation Zone.
- DOWSIL™ EL-9341 Silicone Elastomer Blend: A new, low-cyclics silicone elastomer gel that provides a silky, smooth feel and optical benefits.
Additionally, Dow is relaunching the following key ingredients, which are now listed in the catalogue of cosmetic ingredients in China:
- DOWSIL ™ EL-8050 Silicone Organic Elastomer Blend and DOWSIL™ EL-8052 IH Silicone Organic Elastomer Blend: Highly compatible, multifunctional elastomer blends that enable unique sensory and texture profiles and can be used for skin care, sun care and color cosmetic applications.
- DOWSIL™ ES-5600 Silicone Glycerol Emulsifier: This emulsifier is suitable for PEG-free formulation systems and is designed to produce stable water-in-silicone emulsions and water-in-oil emulsions with enhanced sensory benefits that can be used in a variety of applications, including skin care, color cosmetics, sun care, antiperspirants/deodorants, BB and CC creams and anti-aging products.
The products featured in the masterclass:
- MaizeCare™ Clarity Polymer: A unique cold water-dispersible, corn-derived bio-based and biodegradable polymer which acts as film-former and gives long lasting performance.
- EcoSmooth™ Rice Husk Cosmetic Powder: This white silica is obtained from rice agriculture by-product feedstock. It provides multifunctional skin benefits such as soft focus, sebum absorption and sensorial benefits.
Dow experts and scientists will be available at in-cosmetics Global 2023 to discuss high-performing technologies, bio-based innovative materials and the fresh, inspiring formulations developed to bring industry-leading ideas to life. To learn more about Dow’s innovations, visit the Innovation Zone and Sustainability Corner at the show and meet with Dow experts at booth N90.
About Dow Personal Care Solutions
Dow Personal Care offers unique, innovative ingredients that empower customers around the world to create products with exceptional performance and exciting benefits that consumers can trust and believe in. Consumers that seek the confidence of a healthy appearance can see and feel the difference in our products through their lustrous hair or radiant and protected skin. We leverage our understanding of customer needs, deep market knowledge and technical expertise—combined with one of the broadest portfolios of technologies—to deliver personal care solutions with outstanding performance that are safe for people and the planet. We foster these innovations on global and local levels to meet the needs of diverse consumers through business centers, research, and development (R&D), manufacturing plants and customer applications centers around the world. Please visit www.dow.com/virtual/beautyexperience/.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility, and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit http://www.dow.com/ or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information, please contact:
+41 79 954 9620
1 (212) 697-2600