Dow helps redefine beauty for diverse consumers at in-cosmetics Asia
BANGKOK – The beauty industry has been disrupted by brands that tailor new products to serve the diversity of their consumers. This year at in-cosmetics Asia, Nov. 5 - 7, Dow is showing how it can help brands redefine beauty through a new concept collection of hair care and skin care solutions inclusive of consumers’ varying religions, ages, gender identities and ethnicities.
The beauty RE.DEFINED collection of gels, washes and creams contain unique bio-based ingredients and fun, surprising textures that help all consumers show off their individual characteristics to feel their best, most confident selves. Featured products in the collection include:
- Style Me, Nature!: A natural hair styling gel that offers temporary grey hair coverage while moisturizing and providing a cooling, refreshing effect. Using the natural power of corn, Dow’s recently launched MaizeCare™ Style Polymer plays a surprising, yet key role in the product.
- Slimy Cleanie: This body and facial wash boasts a fun slime-like texture powered by a unique combination of Dow ingredients. The unexpected texture is sure to delight and will leave skin feeling moisturized and smooth.
- Smooth my Neck: Consumers can smooth out lines on the neck and décolleté to hide imperfections with this cream gel, featuring Dow AgeCap™ Smooth Cosmetic Ingredient to help soften the appearance of wrinkles. The light and airy gel is easy to apply, leaving a luxurious, silky feel and boosted confidence.
- Me Myself & I: Three tubes in this customizable kit provide sun protection and anti-aging benefits thanks to Dow’s EPITEX™ 99 Polymer, a new water-based film former that utilizes silicone acrylate technology to deliver long-lasting wear performance and a solution ideal for mass market cosmetics. These tubes can be combined to consumers’ optimal mix of protection and pampering, customized to their own unique lifestyles and desires.
“For consumers in the APAC region, diversity is not just a fleeting trend, but a way of life that brands must honor and serve,” said Mahalia Soediono, Commercial Director, Southeast Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Dow Home & Personal Care. “As we see the market start to respond to these growing demands for personalized products, we’re delighted to offer solutions that help brands become more inclusive and redefine beauty standards for their unique consumers.”
Dow will also showcase hair and skin care solutions that offer ultimate styling control, moisturization and long-lasting protection for a diverse consumer market, including:
- My Frizz Away: This flyaway hair wand offers a convenient way to tame frizz, leaving touched-up hair with a smooth feel. DOWSIL™ 556 Cosmetic Fluid helps this formulation enhance shine for a variety of hair types.
- Gorgeous Locks: A leave-on hair lotion that delivers a unique satin feel while taming frizz and boosting hair shine. The addition of DOWSIL™ 3901 Liquid Satin Blend creates a smooth texture to the formulation.
- Forever Fresh: Dow EPITEX™ 99 Polymer provides excellent rub-off and sebum resistance to this water-based deodorant stick, providing a fresh effect in a non-whitening, long-lasting manner.
- Young Overnight: This moisturizing overnight mask is easy to apply, and the AgeCap™ Smooth Cosmetic Ingredient promotes radiance to deliver a skin smoothing effect.
- Cheer Me Up: The vibrant orange color of this wrinkle-masking cheek and eye stick is made possible by the uniformity and color-boosting properties of DOWSIL™ SW-8005 C30 Resin Wax, along with other Dow ingredients which enable minimal transfer and mask signs of wrinkles.
“Consumers no longer wish to conform to one standard of beauty, instead they seek products that cater to their unique lifestyles and have a reduced environmental impact,” said Cedric Toh, Marketing Manager, Southeast Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Dow Personal Care. “Our beauty RE.DEFINED collection delivers sustainable, individualized solutions for an increasingly diverse consumer base, empowering brands to embrace a new age of authenticity and inclusivity in the personal care market.”
To learn more about Dow’s innovations, visit www.dow.com and follow @DowHomePersonal.
About Dow Home and Personal Care Solutions
The Dow Home and Personal Care business (part of the Dow Consumer Solutions Portfolio) offers unique innovations that empower brand owners around the world to create products with exceptional performance and exciting new benefits consumers can see and feel. Our expansive portfolio serves a wide range of applications across home and personal care markets from skin and hair care to fabric care and beyond. Our novel solutions help enable products that are unique and memorable, and meet the growing demands of today’s consumers. We continue to bring forward innovative technologies and formulation solutions that differentiate our customers’ products, enhance the consumer experience and sustain the environment. With business centers, research and development (R&D), manufacturing plants and customer applications centers around the globe, Dow has the expertise and foundation to foster global and local innovations. Please visit www.dow.com for more information.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines one of the broadest technology sets in the industry with asset integration, focused innovation and global scale to achieve profitable growth and become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of performance materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for our customers in high-growth segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 113 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,000 people. Dow delivered pro forma sales of approximately $50 billion in 2018. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information, please contact:
+86 21 385 11604