Dow employees receive prestigious awards from Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers
MIDLAND, Mich. – November 2, 2020 – Six members of Dow’s Asian Diversity Network (ADN), one of the Company’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG), received prestigious awards from the Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE). The awards celebrate the successes of SASE members and individuals who enhance the scientific and engineering professions through contributions to the global business world, academia and local communities.
“My sincerest congratulations to each of the winners on their awards,” said A.N. Sreeram, Dow’s senior vice president of Research and Development (R&D), chief technology officer, and executive sponsor of ADN. “These awards speak highly to the exemplary leadership and individual accomplishments of our outstanding ADN members. They lead in their professional lives and exemplify inclusion and diversity at Dow.”
Dow employees received 2020 SASE Awards in the following categories:
- Fareed Mohammed, senior global IT director, Enterprise Architecture and R&D IT, received the SASE Career Achievement Award.
- Shruti Bahadur, global program leader for Dow Customer and Employee Experience, received the SASE ERG Leadership Achievement Award.
- Nipun Bisht, technical service and development technologist for Dow Coating Materials, was awarded the SASE salutes Promising Professional Service Award.
- Jason Li, production engineering expertise manager for Global Improvement Isocyanates, received the SASE Promising Professional Achievement Award.
- Ai Nguyen, production director for Sabine River Operations, received the SASE Professional Achievement Award.
- Wanglin Yu, principal research scientist in Industrial Solutions R&D, received the SASE Technical/Research/Business Achievement Award.
Dow ERGs offer employees the opportunity to connect and network with like-minded individuals while providing additional opportunities to grow personally and professionally throughout their Dow careers. ADN provides members with resources and opportunities to improve their skills, advance their careers, raise their awareness about Asian cultures, and expand their personal and professional networks across Dow. Over the last 20 years, ADN has grown to nearly 5,000 members globally, making it one of Dow’s larger ERGs.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information, please contact: