Announcing the 2022 Packaging Innovation Awards Finalists
The finalists for the 2022 Packaging Innovation Awards have been selected. Awards to be announced during virtual ceremony on February 2, 2023
MIDLAND, MICH. – November 30, 2022 – At Dow, we believe celebrating innovation helps inspire ideas and advance industries. We are excited to announce the finalists for the 2022 Packaging Innovation Awards.
The independent panel of judges from around the world represent all areas of the packaging value chain. In early November, the judges evaluated around 180 submissions for technological advancements, user experience and sustainability impact. The following list of finalists represent the entries selected as demonstrating excellence in at least one of those areas.
The 2022 Packaging Innovation Awards Finalists
- 3M Scotch™ Cushion Lock™ Protective Wrap by 3M
- Air Capsule eCommerce Package by Procter & Gamble
- Bag-In-Box with Zip Lock (BIBZip) by Emami Agrotech Ltd.
- Caps made with Flexible Packaging Waste by Unilever
- Corrugated Box with Built-In Secondary Use by Stora Enso
- Danoninho Ice Yogurt Pouch with Convertible Design for Liquid or Frozen Consumption by Amcor Flexibles
- EcoTec Recyclable Packaging for Pet Food by PLASTIANDINO S.A.
- EnviroServe™ Leafy Greens PET Trays with SmartSeal® FRESH Lidding Films by Sonoco Products Company
- Formed Fiber Punnet for Fruit by Stora Enso
- Hexabag+ 2-in-1 Valve Bag by Imballaggio
- High-Barrier Polyethylene Spouted Pouch for Beverages by Scholle IPN
- Lenor In-Wash Scent Booster CardboardPack by Procter & Gamble
- LifeSpan Copper Based Film by Amcor
- Lightweight Pillow Pouch for Nutramilk Soymilk by PACKAGING INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- Matte-Finish 100% Polyethylene Lamination for Pet Food Packaging Designed to be Recycled by Folmex
- Natural, Unpigmented PET Tray made with PCR by Sonoco
- Occo Recyclable Pod System for Spices by Fuseneo
- P&G ECOCLIC® Box for Liquid Laundry Capsules by Procter & Gamble
- Pampers Knifeless Opening Box by Procter & Gamble
- ProActive Recyclable Paper Sachet for Purition Single-Serve Nutritional Powder by ProAmpac
- Recyclable and Label-Less Danacol Bottle by Graham Packaging
- Recyclable Heinz Beanz Snap Pots made with Recycled Plastics by The Kraft Heinz Company
- Recyclable Matte-Finish Transparent Pouches for Tea by Constantia Flexibles
- Recyclable Packaging for Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) Nuts by Constantia Flexibles
- Recyclable Sachet for CLEAR Shampoo by Unilever
- Seda Bottles made with 100% HDPE PCR by Unilever
- Side Gusseted Flat Bottom (3D) Pouch for Rice by Integrated Plastics Packaging
- Simple One Lightweight Recyclable Plastic Refill Bottle by ALPLA
- SoFresh Active Packaging for Bread by SoFresh, Inc.
- Stora Enso Papira® Wood Foam Corrugated Box with Built-In Secondary Use by Stora Enso
- Veja Power Nature Refill Capsule by Reckitt
Each of these finalists will be recognized as a Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond award winner. The announcement of these awards will take place on February 2, 2023 at 9:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) during a virtual award ceremony. You can watch the ceremony live on YouTube or LinkedIn.
About the Packaging Innovation Awards
The Packaging Innovation Awards has been one of the packaging industry’s premier awards competitions for over 30 years. Emerging up-and-comers and well-established brands alike have the opportunity for their most innovative packaging to be judged on the world’s stage. The Packaging Innovation Awards celebrates creations that challenge the accepted limits of what’s possible, showcase new technologies or techniques and inspire future innovation. The winning packages are celebrated and showcased across the global packaging industry—receiving recognition among industry peers and gaining exposure in new markets and with new audiences. You can learn more at www.dow.com/packagingawards.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
For further information contact:
Packaging & Specialty Plastics