BEST - Building Engineering & Science Talent Symposium
July 30 – August 1, 2019
Dow’s BEST Symposium is primarily intended to introduce African American, Hispanic, Native American U.S. doctoral and postdoctoral scientists to the wide range of rewarding careers in industrial research, and in particular, the many opportunities with one of the world’s largest and leading chemical companies, Dow. This conference, developed jointly by Dow’s minority scientists and Ph.D. recruiting team, demonstrates our commitment to a diverse work force. The application period for the 2019 BEST Symposium has been extended and applications will be accepted through Monday, April 29, 2019.
BEST is designed to allow participants to:
- Gain a broader understanding of Dow’s science and technology areas
- Interact with all levels of Dow R&D scientists & leadership
- Network with other budding scientists
- Learn about the skills necessary for a successful career in a global organization
- Learn what industrial recruiters look for in young scientists
- Be exposed to an array of career opportunities in industrial research
Preferred degree areas are chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, physics and closely-related fields. Applicants must have a doctoral degree or expect to receive one within 18 months of the conference date. For maximum individual benefit, a limited number of applicants will be chosen to participate.
Participants in the conference may be considered for future employment at Dow. However, participation neither obligates the student to apply for employment, nor guarantees future consideration for employment by Dow. For those wishing to learn more about opportunities, please visit our careers page.