Dow wins six prestigious 2018 R&D 100 Awards from
Six innovative technologies from Dow were recognized with R&D 100 awards on November 16, 2018. The R&D 100 Awards, a signature program of R&D Magazine, are designed to identify and celebrate the top 100 revolutionary technologies introduced during the past year.
The 2018 R&D 100 award-winning Dow technologies are:
- AQUACHILL™ Cool Coating: AQUACHILL™ Cool, designed for bedding, maximizes initial and sustained cooling while providing breathability, optimal durability, best-in-class adhesion and minimal odor.
- DOWSIL™ SE 9160 Adhesive: DOWSIL™ SE provides water and dust-proof reliability.
- ECOFAST™ Pure Sustainable Textile Treatment: ECOFAST™ Pure Sustainable Textile Treatment enables unique, brighter colors on cotton while reducing water, energy, dye and chemical use in the dyeing process.
- ENGAGE™ PV Polyolefin Elastomers: ENGAGE™ PV Polyolefin Elastomers (POEs) help make the choice for PV encapsulant films easier, with opportunities for exceptional long-term performance, reliability and lower overall energy cost.
- Tenter Frame Biaxially Orientable Polyethylene Resin: Tenter Frame Biaxially Oriented Polyethylene (TF-BOPE) film provides higher mechanical properties and material rigidity, along with better optical and printing performance. TF-BOPE can achieve up to 80% less haze, twice the impact strength, twice the tensile modulus, three times the puncture resistance and three times the tensile strength.