We feel great when our employees feel their best. When they feel understood. When they feel supported. That’s why we’re pleased to offer a variety of Health Services for our employees around the world. Discover the services we provide, designed to enhance overall health and wellness.
Family & Medical Leave
Active Dow employees in the United States can access and complete these forms for medical certification of a serious health condition, as part of The Dow Chemical Company's Family & Medical Leave Process. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Employee Health Certification Form. This form is used (1) to determine whether an employee’s condition qualifies as a “serious health condition” under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and for administration of Dow’s FMLA policy, and (2) to obtain information regarding an employee’s eligibility and administration of the requirements of Dow’s Paid Medical Leave Policy.
- Family Medical Health Certificate Form. This form should be completed and returned to the site Dow Health Services contact when an employee requests FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition.
On-Site Health Clinics
We offer convenient, personal care at our on-site occupational health clinics, found at many of our locations within the United States. Our experienced clinic staff provides confidential, effective consultations to protect and restore employee health and safety—and to minimize impact on their personal life and work performance. Our health services available at most on-site clinics include:
- Health exams and screenings
- Health testing – required by Dow or with physician’s orders
- Health counseling, including return to work and personal health management
- Travel health consultation
Health and wellness often starts with personal fitness. We make sure our employee have access to physical activity whenever possible, providing walking paths, exercise rooms, wellness centers and more at many sites around the globe. Dow staff is present at some locations, which offer a wide array of cardio and strength training equipment plus other amenities and personal services that vary by location.
- Eligibility: Employees, Spouse/Domestic Partner and eligible Dependents; Retirees and their Spouse/Domestic Partner; approved non-Dow Affiliates
- Visit the HDC Wellness Center website for contact information, hours of operation, and more
- Eligibility: Employees (including those from non-Indy Sites), their Spouse/Domestic Partner, and eligible Dependents; Retirees and their Spouse/Domestic Partner; approved non-Dow Affiliates
- Visit the DAS Wellness Center website for more information
- Eligibility: Employees, Retirees, Spouses/Domestic Partners, eligible Dependents, approved non-Dow affiliates
- Visit the Midland Wellness Centers website for more information!
- Mon-Fri 7:30 am–9:00 pm
- Closed weekends and public holidays
- Eligibility: SDC employees, onsite non-Dow affiliates, and Dow frequent visitors (≥one-week trip to SDC).
- Contact: 86-21-38511546 or FSIFITC@dow.com
Texas Operations Wellness Center:
Family Health Center:
- Eligibility: Employees, pre-65 Retirees, and Dependents participating in a Dow medical plan
- Visit the Family Health Center website for more information
We always strive to protect the next generation. So we’ve proactively supported nursing mothers for many years. We support the value of breastfeeding, and comply fully with the requirements and intent of the 2010 Health Care Reform legislation (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act). Working mothers who wish to pump at work will be provided with reasonable break time and private space to express breast milk for nursing babies up to one year after birth. Our other services include:
- Worklife Services offers all U.S. employees, spouses and dependents free resources and referrals to help with breastfeeding, parenthood and other childcare issues. To log in, user ID and password = mydoweap.”
- Lactation Benefits and Support (MAP Plus members) –employees and family members enrolled in the MAP Plus Plan are eligible for reimbursement for lactation consultation and breast pumps.
References and Resources