Diabetes Education Coverage
Dow supports participation in Diabetes Education
Active U.S. Dow employees and pre-Medicare retirees enrolled in either the MAP Plus Option 1 Low Deductible or the MAP Plus Option 2 High Deductible benefit plans are eligible for diabetes education coverage with the following guidelines:
- For members in either Plan, coverage is at 100% per visit with no calendar year deductible.
- The annual coverage limit is provided up to a maximum of $500 per member/per year.
- The diabetes education program must be at a facility approved by the American Diabetes Association. For a current listing of approved programs in your area, check the ADA website or call 1-800-342-2383.
To take advantage of this benefit:
- Participate in an eligible program and get an itemized, dated receipt.
- Upon completion of the program/activity, complete an Aetna Medical Claim Form and attach your receipt(s).
- Mail the form and receipt(s) to the AETNA claim office:
PO Box 981106
El Paso, TX 79998-1106
QUESTIONS? Call AETNA One Advocate toll free:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST at 1-888-488-4488
How will I receive my reimbursement?
The diabetes education reimbursements are processed the same way as any other health care claim. After your claim is processed and approved, you will receive a check directly from AETNA.
What is the deadline to submit my reimbursement request?
Similar to other health care claims, you must submit your reimbursement request by the end of the year following the year of service/purchase. For example, a claim incurred in February, 2018 must be submitted by December 31, 2019.