University of Illinois
The University of Illinois claims 22 Nobel Laureates among its alumni and faculty, and cooperates with Dow on a variety of research topics.
- Novel Encapsulants
- New Approaches for Controlled Release of Active Materials
- New Materials for Optoelectronics
- High-Performance Chromatography
Dr. Dan Kittle, R&D Vice President, Dow AgroSciences
Did You Know?
The Dow Innovation Center at the University of Illinois Research Park delivers tactical and strategic projects for R&D information technology needs.
News and Highlights
Dow and the University of Illinois have collaborated for decades to publish in leading scientific journals. Recent publications include:
- Oh, N; Nam, S; Zhai, Y; Deshpande, K; Trefonas, P; Shim, M. 2014. Double-heterojunction nanorods. NATURE COMMUNICATIONS 5.
- Coppola, AM; Thakre, PR; Sottos, NR; White, SR. 2014. Tensile properties and damage evolution in vascular 3D woven glass/epoxy composites.COMPOSITES PART A-APPLIED SCIENCE AND MANUFACTURING 59, 9-17.
- Sindoro, M; Yanai, N; Jee, AY; Granick, S. 2014. Colloidal-sized metal-organic frameworks: Synthesis and applications. ACCOUNTS OF CHEMICAL RESEARCH 47, 2, 459-469.
- Latinwo, F; Schroeder, CM. 2014. Determining elasticity from single polymer dynamics. SOFT MATTER 10, 13, 2178-2187.
- Peng, T; Sun, XC; Mumm, RH. 2014. Optimized breeding strategies for multiple trait integration: I. Minimizing linkage drag in single event introgression. MOLECULAR BREEDING 33, 1, 89-104.
- Peng, T; Sun, XC; Mumm, RH. 2014. Optimized breeding strategies for multiple trait integration: II. Process efficiency in event pyramiding and trait fixation. MOLECULAR BREEDING 33, 1, 105-115.