WIN Saudi Chapter Hosts Leadership Panel
- January 30, 2017 -
The Dow Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Chapter of the Women's Innovation Network (WIN) recently hosted a leadership panel discussion, addressing “Inclusive Leadership in Action and Cultural Changes Leading to Success in the 21st Century.” Nearly 200 people including local and international students and faculty members from seven Saudi universities, King Abdullah University Science and Technology (KAUST) faculty, WIN chapter members and Dow leaders attended the panel discussion held on January 19, 2017, during the science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) Innovation Challenge at KAUST.
The panel was moderated by Margherita Fontana, global marketing director, Dow Building & Construction and co-chair of WIN in EMEAI. The panelists included:
- Malak Alnory, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research at Effat University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Jihane Ball, EH&S & Sustainability director for Dow EMEAI
- Zakia Bahjou, regional commercial manager of Dow Water and Process Solutions, Middle East, Africa & Turkey
- Ahmed Dewedar, logistics team leader for Dow KSA
- Ava Johnsey, senior director of Human Resources for Dow in Saudi Arabia;
- Suzana Nunes, Professor of Environmental Science and Engineering and Associate Dean at KAUST.
During the one-hour session, panelists shared their ideas and personal experiences on inclusive leadership in action and cultural changes leading to success in the 21st century.
WIN supports the development of women across Dow, helping them to succeed and excel in their careers. The WIN strategy focuses on developing and engaging women, as well as catalyzing culture change.