Dow has an exciting job opportunity as an Electrician/Instrument (EI) Technician located in Bristol-Croydon, PA.
This role will be located at the Bristol Site supporting both the Croydon and Bristol production plants within Dow Coatings Materials.
The incumbent will be responsible for the safe and efficient repair, preventive and predictive maintenance of all types of instrument and electrical equipment used in the different processes on site. They will also be responsible to deliver safe and reliable technical support to the equipment owners, as well as safe and effective troubleshooting when needed.
- Maintains instrument and electrical equipment for their area of responsibility with instrumentation being the primary focus.
- Sets up and calibrates, tests, measures and repairs all types of electrical controls, instruments, and electronic variables.
- Repairs, maintains and installs electrical and instrument equipment and machinery.
- Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions safely and efficiently, and helps document failure analysis.
- Collects equipment operation and history data to facilitate reliability improvements.
- Actively participates in the implementation of the Global Maintenance Work Process for E/I work.
- Provides Work Activity Coordinator with all required information from each job performed, including feedback on what was found and done, and hours put in.
- Provides Field Planner with all required information to assemble an effective plan on complex E/I jobs.
- Coordinate E/I troubleshooting based on priority in plant. (Could be leveraged to other Units)
- Provides Operating Discipline for E/I tasks in area of responsibility.
- Works with Preventive and Predictive Maintenance (PPM) Coordinator role in defining appropriate E/I spare parts, building equipment files in SAP, and defining necessary scheduled services for E/I in area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of DC voltage systems and UPS systems.
- Familiar with variable speed drives.
- Familiar with high voltage breakers and distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of Heat Tracing Systems.
- Willing to support off-hours calls and repairs.
- Willing to serve on the plant Reliability Team.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 or more years of experience in an instrumentation maintenance role.
- Working knowledge of common instrumentation: Flow Elements/Sensors, Pressure Sensors, and Temperature Probes.
- Willing and able to work overtime and answer emergency calls off hours.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Journeyman’s license with electrical/instrumentation.
- 4 or more years of relevant military experience in Maintenance-related roles.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Some instrument and process control (DeltaV, AllenBradley or GE Series 9030) knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated safe work history.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
- Wear and use respirators.
- Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have a current, valid US driver’s license.
- Essential functions of this position may require, among other things, that the employee use particular types of equipment -- such as on-site safety equipment that has specific weight limitations whereby the individual’s own weight, plus the weight of tools and other items and materials, must not exceed a certain threshold. (For example, some types of safety equipment may be rated for a maximum weight limit of 300 pounds total.) In the event a job offer for this position were (conditionally) extended and provides for a pre-employment medical examination, the individual will be appropriately evaluated in regard to their ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.