SCG-Dow Group of Companies has an opening for position for Senior Process Automation Engineer, located in Map Ta Phut, Rayong. This successful candidate is the person who applies skills, knowledge and experience within the Process Control function discipline for developing program coding, Operator Interface, simulation programs and Process Information for assigned equipment including DCS hardware setup and troubleshooting.
- Participates in development of appropriate control strategies by applying practical plant process control, knowledge and experience.
- Ensures that process control programming, operator interface, and simulation programming is user friendly and effective at controlling and alarming abnormalities in plant equipment to increase plant Asset Utilization and eliminate unplanned events.
- Work includes the development and modification of process information code and production reports.
- Interfaces with both project team and operations team
- Ensure reliable, optimized plant operation by successfully managing and implementing Process Control related changes, utilizing, Process Control Work Process Discipline, Small Project Process (SPP), approved functional tools and Global MOC process.
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to identify root cause of problem areas in Process Control code, Operator Interface or hardware and effectively resolve these problems with stakeholders input (resolution of exception reports, elements in manual, and reduction of alarms / unplanned events).
- Develop Process Control Strategy Descriptions (PCSD) by applying plant knowledge and experience and ensure the documentation is updated when changes occur.
- Develop process control code and operator interface graphics to meet design criteria defined in PCSD.
- Develop simulation to test written code, operator interface, and provide a realistic demonstration of equipment Start Up, Normal run mode and Shutdown.
- Perform training and coaching for changes as required and assist in training efforts requested by Plant Operations
- Participate in Process Control Standards compliance and safety audits.
- Manage DCS platform and troubleshoot DCS hardware problems.
- Process Control related Engineering Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent in English communication – speaking, reading and writing
- Flexible to work off-hour for on-call and/or troubleshooting support
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Process Control design /programming /modification generalist.
- Has experience working in industry including Petrochemical or Refinery
- Familiar with computerize system
- Has experiences in process control network, DCS platform administration, DCS hardware setup and troubleshooting (ABB is preferred)
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.